Quinoa porridge is a warm and cozy dish, perfect for the cool mornings that are upon us. It's also a great way to use leftover quinoa, which, if you're like me, you might make in batches often.
Obviously I needed to test out a version that incorporated peanut butter, because, it's true, I love anything peanut butter.
This peanut butter quinoa porridge is a vehicle for whatever toppings you desire. I suggest any combination of: fresh fruit (bananas, apples, berries), dried fruit, nuts (especially toasted), jam (especially warmed), granola, shaved or powdered chocolate, or maybe even some more nut butter if you're feeling crazy. :)
RECIPE: Peanut Butter Quinoa Porridge
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup whole milk (or almond or coconut if you prefer)
- 1 Tablespoon peanut butter
- 1/4 teaspoon honey (if your peanut butter doesn't contain added sugar)
- pinch of salt (if your peanut butter doesn't contain any)
- optional toppings (see above)
- Combine all ingredients in a pan, using a whisk to mix in the peanut butter and honey.
- Bring to a simmer over medium-low and cook, stirring frequently, for 5-7 minutes or until the mixture just begins to thicken. Try not to overcook.
- Immediately serve along with your preferred toppings.